Recently a client expressed she was interested in more plant-protein recipes. After going through cookbooks, she picked out a few recipes, one of which was my favorite --> Oh She Glows: The Best Veggie Burger. Ever since we made them, we have both been eating it non-stop. Keep reading for our slightly-adapted burger from Oh She Glows.
P.S. DON’T get overwhelmed with the list of ingredients, the production is super easy!
Recipe Below. Want more recipes high-protein fulfilling recipes? Click here to subscribe for more! Comment below and let me know what you think?
2 Eggs (if you want an egg-less burger, stick to 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed)
1 cup grated carrots
2 small ripe avocados (**can sub in hummus or almond butter if you’d like!**)
1/3 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped red or yellow onion
½ cup toasted sunflower seeds (click here for directions on toasting sunflower seeds my favorite way)
1 ¼ cups gluten free oats (**can substitute for chickpea crumbles if you are oat free, or if gluten is a non-issue use your favorite bread crumbs)
½ tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari
*pinch of a variety of spices: ours included- ground mustard seed, cayenne pepper, Himlayan sea salt, dried oregano, cumin seeds, turmeric
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 and get a baking sheet ready.
2. **If using the ground flaxseed as opposed to eggs, combine the flaxseed with 1/3 cup water and set it aside to thicken up- probably around 10 minutes.**
3. If using black beans, mash most of them up, leaving a few for texture and combine all ingredients together. Taste test to see if spices are up to speed with your taste buds.
4. Get your hands dirty!!!! No… really --> begin to shape patties (will make around 8) and throw them on the pre-greased baking sheet- I lightly spread olive oil over aluminum foil on my sheet.
5. After 15-18 minutes flip them over and then cook for another 15-ish minutes.
6. Grab some greens, use a collard wrap, or a bun of choice.
7. Let them cool (if you can wait that long) and enjoy these crunchy bits of heaven .