Love the thought of dessert, but hate the idea of the endless of ingredients, the clean up, the time that it takes to bake, and then the QUICKNESS that it is all gone? Here is a solution for all of the issues listed above, with the exception that I can't promise these will stick around your kitchen for too long! These paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar free treats are bite size and delicious, but I'll let you make the final call.
16 Medjool Dates
1 10-oz bag Dark Chocolate Chips
1 tbsp coconut oil (to help with meting chocolate chips)
Himalayan Sea Salt
1) Take a knife and thinly slice one side of your date to squeeze out the pit. Complete on all dates.
2) Add a spoonful of almond butter inside each of the dates. Put the dates in the freezer for about 15 minutes to let them harden.
3) Melt Dark chocolate and coconut oil either over the stove top or in the microwave, being mindful not to burn the chocolate (If in the microwave I suggest in 30 second intervals) and stir before putting it back in the microwave.
4) Dip each date in the chocolate using a spoon to help cover the date completely.
5) Place on parchment paper and put the in the refrigerator or the freezer in a Tupperware!
6) Let me know what toppings you chose and how things turned out.
P.S. want to know more about the healthy effects of dates? Click here to read more.